For the past 10 days or so, I've been grinding the same same 2NL full ring and 6-hands short stack tables. I think it's nice to mix it up on occaision to ensure my interest and attention to details at the table remains at a high level.
Case in point, last night, i was tired and continued to play attempting to catch up. This lead to countless misplays from every position on the table. Hopefully, I can be disciplined enough to recongize my breaking point and shut her down at the optimum time during each session.
This morning I entered a 90 player $1.10 sit-n-go and finished a mediocre 45th. The tables I were seated at were very tight aggressive and I didn't get very many playable hands. Of course, as the blinds started to climb and I was under 10BB, I got aggressive and my AJo got busted out by a Set of 4's.
I also played a 9 player $1.20 sit-n-go and finished on the bubble. Again, blinds were creeping up, I was short stacked and got busted out by a set.
That was enough mixing it up for the day. I jumped back to cash games and quickly recouperated my sit-n-go entry fee losses playing 6-handed 5NL Shallow Stack tables.
I'll play another session later today after I run through the Jon Ettinger videos at Pokervt.com again. I need to fine tune my opening range and and 3-betting strategy a bit as I still think I'm playing a bit too tight.
No comments:
Post a Comment