Well, since embarking on this journey, I've been doing quite well while I learn the ropes. That was until this weekend. After buidling my stack from $80 to $120, I quickly lost 2/3rds of it very quickly.
Most of it was lost playing 6-handed 5NL. I believe several factors contributed to this down swing.
1. Catching several bad beats on the river in big pots when I was ahead on the turn.
2. On some of those pots, Min reraising and giving my opponents a chance to stay in the game with marginal hands.
3. Playing into loose aggressive fish on large pots with pairs and marginal hands because I thought I was above their range of hands. Often to be dominiated by Premium pocket pairs.
4. Not reading the board close enough to identify the 1st, 2nd, 3rd nuts.
5. Not paying close enough attention to my opponents betting range of hands from various positions.
6. Not calculating winning outs and pot odds and comparing the two before making important decisions on the turn and river to ensure I have +EV.
7. Applying 100NL strategies to micro stakes games. Players down here are far two aggressive overall and opening hand ranges need to be adjusted accordingly. I find playing at around 16/10/7 is better than 27/16/7.
So... In the meantime, I'll move back down to 2NL and work on all of it while I build my stack back up.
No comments:
Post a Comment